Very well said! Amen, I agree!
Lucy Edmonds

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2014 11:44 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Advocates for blind, deaf want even more from Apple

Here is what amazes me:

"as the creator of the modern smartphone and a long-time champion for the
blind, Apple is feeling the most heat,"

I find it funny how Apple once again seems to be under attack more than Google
about accessibility yet they were the ones who started out of the box
accessibility. It's the same with any small security vulnerability, if it
happens on an iPhone Apple gets crucified and google who puts out a platform
with allows for very easy security compromises and where almost any junk can
make it into their app store seems to get the praise for doing all this amazing
stuff.

It also seems that advancing accessibility just can't go quick enough for some
radical advocates out there who apparently can't wait to let this run its
course a bit longer to see where it goes. There is always time for legislation
if it's necessary but I would say that this type of main stream accessibility
has made some pretty big strides in the last 4 or so years.
Oh, yes, where is Windows Phone in this? Here they talk about forcing people to
make apps accessible and Microsoft hasn't even made the platform accessible. I
wonder why these angry people and I do think a lot of these so-called advocates
are angry, don't vent their frustrations where it's needed. The sense of
entitlement which goes along with this drives me up the wall and I think there
are other areas of accessibility deserve a lot more attention than accessible
apps. I wonder how they'll force game developers to make completely visual
games accessible and then there are of course photo/video editing apps, drawing
apps and so on which also should be fully accessible, right? What a bunch of
baloney.