From: "Haya Simkin & guide dog Pammy" <hayasim...@gmail.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2014 1:56 AM
Subject: Re: How to properly restart your iDevice

Thanks for the info. I do wish there were more definite power sounds though.

Haya Simkin & guide dog Pammy
Sent from my iPhone

On 28 Jul 2014, at 03:40, Joseph FreeTech <joseph.freet...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

I often come across listers suggesting to others ways of restarting their
iDevice in the event of a problem including using the power button and the
Home button which seems extreme, so I thought I would post the proper way of
doing so as suggested by Apple:

Turn your iOS device off and on (restart) and reset

Learn how to turn off and on (restart) and reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod
touch.

How to restart
Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on the top of your device until the red
slider appears. Then drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
Personal note: for VoiceOver user this means hold power button for at least
4 seconds or until you hear: "Power off, slide or double-tap." At this point
simply double-tap the screen and wait for about 30 seconds for the full
shutdown to complete.

After the device turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until
you see the Apple logo.
Personal note: for VoiceOver users this means press and hold the power
button for about 4 seconds then release the button and wait for about 30
seconds for the full restart--you will eventually hear VoiceOver begin
speaking.

How to reset
You should reset your device as a last resort and only if you can't restart
it.

To reset, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least
10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
Personal note: it is specified that you should only use this method if you
can't manually shut down as described in the first part of this tutorial. In
other words, make all effort to shut down and restart properly, and if that
doesn't work, then choose this Sleep button+Home button procedure.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1430

Joseph the free tech guy!