Hello Kliphton,

Glad to hear that you've got everything backed up.

The short answer is, if both your Mac and Windows computers use the same
iTunes user ID and both computers are authorized on the same account, you
should be good to go.

Also, remember that in order for this to work, the iTunes Library .ITL and
all of your media must also live on the NAS.  If any item in your Library
points to any source file not located on the NAS, you will encounter
problems.

Again, best case scenario as in my situation, be certain not to access the
Library with more than one computer at a time doing so will cause read/write
error problems.

Finally, before you attempt doing this for the first time, backup
everything, okay?  After you access the Library from either platform and
understand the subtle nuances of doing so, said nuances being outside the
scope of this reply, you will be good to go from then on.

To actually point iTunes to the Library located on the NAS:

1.
>From either a Windows computer or a Mac, simply hold down the appropriate
modifier key when Clicking on the iTunes Desktop icon.  In Windows, I
believe this is the Shift key and on the Mac, I think it is the Option key.
I do it so rarely that I forget.  Someone on this list posted how to do this
using only VoiceOver but I cannot remember the key combination.

2.
You will be given the option to select an existing Library or to create a
new one.

That's all there is to it.

Mark