Hello Hank,

I put KNFB Reader on my wife's iPod Touch Fifth Gen today and tried it out with
a couple of documents. The app works on the iPod Touch, but just as others
reported with the iPhone 4S, it is a bit sluggish and slower. You also cannot
turn on tilt control because it uses vibration to indicate when the phone is
not level and the iPod Touch does not vibrate. But in the end I got what I
would call pretty much the same result from doing a scan of the same page of a
flyer with my iPhone 5S and with the iPod Touch.

Now, just as a conclusion I would like to say that I am not taking any
responsibility if you buy KNFB Reader and all you have is an iPod Touch. KNFB
does not officially support that device and all I did was to answer your
question by installing the app and doing a coupl;e of test scans. I can say
that the app runs, it did not crash and it did not tell me that the device I
was using was not supported. But I also think that any app developer probably
has a hard time making an app that runs, for example on an iPhone 5, 5C, 5S and
newer iPhones and not on the 4S unless said app would require some kind of
hardware that is not in the 4S. I don't actually recall ever reading that a
certain app was only supported on the iPhone 5S and above, usually it is the
version of iOS which is mentioned, e.g. "Requires iOS 6 or later" or "Requires
iOS 7 or later".