Hi,

A reasonably quick way to search for an app and open it is to make sure focus
is anywhere other than the status bar. Then type Space with dots 3-4-5-6. This
opens Spotlight. Type a few characters and press Enter. Press Space with Dot 4
a few times, and you should reach the app you want. Press Return again to open
it.

Best,
Anna