From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Gary Bowers
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2014 7:37 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Questions about KNFB Reader...

Hi Kerri,

Paperback books are probably one of the most difficult items to read
successfully with the KNFB Reader. Your goal would be to make the book as
close as possible to a flat document. Obviously, this can be tricky.

It's also possible that the  text on the adjoining page (next to the page
you're trying to read) is confusing the KNFB Reader, causing the tilt
guidance to continually try to correct its focus. You could try covering the
adjoining page with cardboard or thick paper, and setting the camera to
automatic. I would also try turning off the tilt guidance for a few shots.

I have the Stand Scan, but I did not find it to be very helpful with
paperback books.

Gary