Siri is great in quiet places when someone wants to convert multiple
currency units.  It is also possible to use the stocks app on the
iPhone to find the exchange rate of a currency.  to do this, go to the
currency calculator on Yahoo Finance.  The app uses Yahoo Finance for
its data.  The Web page is:

http://finance.yahoo.com/currency/convert

find the heading for currencies and enter the currency pair that is to
be converted.  The system will automatically populate the name of the
currency as you type it using the instructions.  When it names the
currency, the page also lists the symbol for each currency.  In the
earlier example, the British Pound is GDP and the Australian Dollar is
AUD.

The symbols for the currency pair then need to be entered into a
formula in the edit field where one would normally add a stock symbol
for validation.  The formula is symbol one combined with symbol two
followed by an equals sign and the letter X with no spaces.  The first
symbol is the base currency and the second symbol is the converted
currency.  In the earlier example the formula would be:

gbpaud=x

For the exchange rate of Australian dollars into Brittish Pounds, the
order would be reversed.

I like to keep track of exchange rates in this way because SIRI may
not be available because of noise. It delivers the same results as
SIRI with two decemal places.

Kelly