Hi Richard
That work, setting the US English to the Samantha voice. It seems that Alex has
to be the default. I can't set Alex to US English and have Samantha be the
default. The advantage of that is that because I have some Russian links on my
home screen, if I have Samantha set as default, when I get to a Russian link
the voice automatically switches and reads my link in Russian. Alex tries
spelling of in cyrillic.  It's a small thing.
Mary

Sent from my iPad