If you set these in the Settings, Itunes and App Store section, I would hope they'll hold good not only for I devices but also for Itunes which you may have on a PC. Perhaps someone can confirm whether this is the case.

Carol P

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gmail" <englishride...@gmail.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, November 08, 2014 2:59 PM
Subject: Re: low to preventappsfrom updating automaticaly

Unfortunately, I've found that these options in iTunes are not accessible when using either JAWS or NVDA, which is really frustrating.

Thanks,
Ari

On Nov 8, 2014, at 6:24 AM, Sieghard Weitzel <siegh...@live.ca> wrote:

Turning off automatic updates prevents apps from updating automatically.
Turning off automatic downloads means that if you buy an app (or a song/album etc.) on a different device or in iTunes it won't automatically download to your device. If you leave this on you can, for example, buy a song in iTunes on the computer and that song is automatically downloaded to your iPhone as well. If you had an iPhone and an iPad and you had automatic downloads turned on for music on all devices (iTunes has a similar setting in Preferences, Store tab) then all your devices automatically download what you buy on any of your devices.

I turned off the automatic updates to all of the items, which are music, apps, books and updates just to cover all options. When one of your apps has an update in the future, you will be notified and will have the option to manually activate the update or not. I believe the last item in the column, the updates is for the entire iTunes library, if there is a general update version offered, but others can correct me if I am mistaken. Once you turn off the apps update option, your apps will no longer automatically update as I found out myself.

--
The following information is important for all members of the viphone list. All new members to the this list are moderated by default. If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself. The archives for this list can be searched at http://www.mail-archive.com/viphone@googlegroups.com/. --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.