so  have  you looked  at Ultimate Ears  not sure  if it is one  word together
or not  , they  have a small  speaker  that  is the  size  of  an old  portable
 radio , the one  that  I got  my husband  last  year for xmas  was $100   it
has  great  sound  . this  brand  is part  of LG.
 they  have  newer  modles  but  for  the money  this sounds  just  as  great
as Bose  as  we  have  one  of these  as well. So  give  this a  look  at , I
do not know  if they  sell this  in  the  Apple  store  or not.
 good  luck
 Terrie