Hi, an update on this. I have found no way to do this other than cutting and
pasting the document from DropBox into a new word file on my Phone. But, this
does work.

Neal

From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Richard Turner
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2014 9:27 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Can I save a Microsoft Word file on my device rather than keeping
it in the cloud or in DropBox?

Hi,

I don't think you can save a file in a different location than from where you
opened it in the Word app.  A new file can be saved on the phone, but I just
tried with one I opened from DropBox and I could not find a way from within the
app to save to a different place.

That would be a good option.

Richard

Reality is the leading cause of stress for those who are in touch with it.

Jane Wagner, from In Search of Intelligent Life in the Universe

Sent from my iPhone 5S