Tess,

I don’t want to give anything away, but you’ll know when you finish it.

As for the guys who do a lot of damage, do you have steal armor yet? If you
only have leather or iron armor, then perhaps try not to venture too far away
from the village at first, because the farther you travel from it, the more
difficult the enemies will become. Eventually you’ll have other weapons like a
carbine, grenades, katana, etc, which will make it easier to kill the enemy.
Also if you have a bola, you can temporarily stun them. I’m not sure for how
long, because I was always able to kill them before they came out of it— but
that can be a useful maneuver with some of the tougher ones.

The best advice I can give for this game is that when traveling, make sure
you’re always within easy traveling distance to an outpost. Anytime you conquer
a town, city, house, etc, it becomes a friendly outpost where you can refill
your water and get more meat.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Brandon