sorry, I think my screen is too sensitive for one thing, but it may be just that my hands move around, and I think the reason I may have been just opening things on the keyboard is I didn't know the command wel enough. I think I am confused as to when you can use quick nav and when you can not, and we don't have to use the rotor as much with braille displays so this is a nightmare for me, lol.

Eden
On 11/21/2014 10:25 AM, Richard Turner wrote:
It takes a lot of practice and memorization.  I don't think there are any
shortcuts to keeping it all straight.
When you said you accidentially touched something that made everything you
touched open, are you talking about using the keyboard or touching the screen
with your finger?

If VoiceOver is on, nothing opens without either a two finger split tap with
your finger or a double tap with one finger.
Or, holding down several keys at once on the keyboard.
This is beginning to sound like there may be a problem with the keyboard.
Or, are you talking about the braille device?  Again, it takes several keys to
open anything.

Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Eden Kizer
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2014 9:56 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: braille displays and bluetooth keyboards

I am woefully aware at this moment how dependent on my braille device I
am.  Between my hearing starting to drop a little and the fact that my
hands always act like an instrument, the touch screen is useless to me.
I have this bluetooth keyboard which is great, but I am certainly
overwhelemd by learning a whole new set of commands.  I already know 2
screenreaders, use a braille notetaker commands for its regular use, use
it with my IPhone, and I just think I am having trouble using all the
commands plus the key command structure is a little different.  there
have been some great podcats on this subject, but can anyone give me
some ideas about how they keep all this straight, using my keyboard
accidentally touched something that started opening everything I
touched, but I am not sure what I even did, going crazy.  I may be
having IPone withdrawals for a week as at this rate, I'll be lucky to
answer the phone.

I hate sending braille display units in for repair.

Eden