You got me curious.
I got a box of Wheat Thins out of my cupboard.
I scaned one side  knfb reader and got no text.
Turned the box over and got a bit of information, but nothing that would have
told me it was a box of Wheat Thins.
I then used Camfind, and in about 30 seconds, found out that it is a box of
Wheat Thins, low sodium, 250 G.
Then, I scanned the bar code on the bottom of the box with Digit-Eyes.
I double tapped on the more information button after also qlkly finding out it
was a box of wheat thins, and used VoiceOvers feature to copy the last thing
said to the clipboard and pasted the below into mBraille, which is how I'm
writing this.

Nabisco Wheat Thins Hint of Salt Crackers: A low-sodium choice 100% whole grain
21g whole grain Serving per  INGREDIENTS, Wheat Flour Whole Grain , Soybeans
Oil , Sugar , Corn Starch , Malt Syrup ( from [ Corn , Barley ] ) , Sugar
Invert , Salt , Vegetables Color ( Annatto Extract , Tumeric Oleoresin ) , BHT
, Contains ( Wheat )

"
NUTRITION FACTS, Serving Size 16.0 pieces (31 g) Servings Per Container 8
Amount Per Serving Calories 150 Calories from Fat 45 % Daily Value* Total Fat 5
g 8% Saturated Fat 1 g 5% Trans Fat 0 g Cholesterol 0 mg 0% Sodium 55 mg 2%
Potassium 95 mg 3% Total Carbohydrate 23 g 8% Dietary Fiber 3 g 12% Sugars 4 g
Protein 2 g Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 6% Copper . Folic Acid .
Iodine . Magnesium . Niacin . Phosphorus . Riboflavin . Thiamin . Vitamin B12 .
Vitamin B6 . Vitamin D . Vitamin E . Zinc .

If I want detailed food information off a box or can or whatever, I will use
Digit-Eyes, or the DirectionsForMe web site.
If I just want to know what it is, I will use CamFind.
But, I would not recommend using any OCR app since the font and color is often
a problem for text recognition.
HTH,
Richard

Reality is the leading cause of stress for those who are in touch with it.

Jane Wagner, from In Search of Intelligent Life in the Universe

Sent from my iPhone 5S