If you still get the Hello or "slide to setup" message in different languages
that means your phone is not set up yet. What you have to do when you touch
that message (don't worry about which language it is in, it rotates and once
you tap it, it will continue in English) is to double tap anywhere on the
screen with one finger. A doubl;e tap means just that, 2 quick taps one after
the other. This is how buttons, links and other screen elements are activated,
like pressing enter on the computer.

If you are that new and are completely unfamiliar with how you enter
information using the virtual keyboard, you may want to ask a sighted person to
at least get you through the setup screens. Do you already hgave an Apple ID?
If not it might be best to go to http://AppleID.apple.com on a computer and set
one up first. You will need an Apple Id for many services Apple offers such as
iCloud backups, iMessage messages, Facetime audio and video calls and of course
to buy apps from the App Store or music and other media from iTunes.
I highly recommend that during the setup process you enable touch Id and scan
your fingerprint because that make it much easier to unlock your device.

When it comes to typing on your phone, there are 3 styles: standard, touch
typing and direct touch typing. I will not even go into direct touch typing as
it is the most difficult to master and something for you to look at once you
are further advanced in learning how to use your phone.

By default standard typing is selected and if you have Voiceover on and a
sighted person is helping you, make sure you explain that icons, buttons and so
on have to be double tapped since for a sighted person all you have to do is
touch something to activateit. Also, when it comes to typing, standard typing
requires you to first find the letter, number or symbol you want to type and
after Voiceover speaks it, you have to double tap anywhere on the screen just
like when you activate a button or link. Alternatively, you can leave one
finger on the letter after you find it and touch the screen with a second
finger and that will also type it. You do have to be careful, however, that
your first finger doesn't move as you do this.
Touch typing means that you can touch a letter and it is typed as you lift the
finger off it. Then you go find the next letter you want and again lift your
finger to type it.
This is preferred by most more advanced users, but in order to select touch
typing you have to first master another gesture which is called the rotor. The
rotor is a bit like a context menu and the gesture is done with 2 fingers and
it's a turning/rotating motion similar to when you place 2 fingers on each side
of a round knob like on a washer, dryer or dish washer and you turn the knob.
On the iPhone you would place 2 fingers on the screen slightly apart and then
do a clockwise or counter clockwise motion. You can repeat this gesture and
each time you do it you may hear Voiceover say things like characters, words,
headings and so on. In order to select touch typing you first of all have to be
in an edit field since some items on the rotor are only present when the
context requires them to be there and then you have to do this turning motion
until you hear "Typing Mode". Now if you use a single finger to flick from the
top of the screen down towards the bottom it will change your typing mode from
standard to touch typing, do it a second time and it goes from touch typing to
direct touch typing, do it a third time and it wraps around back up to standard
typing. If you flick to direct touch typing you can also flick up from the
bottom to the top and go back up the list. If you do want to set touch typing
as your style, then make sure after you have accomplished this to turn the
rotor back to something like characters or words because otherwise you will
most likely accidently change it again since all it takes is a flick up or down
on the screen.

I hope this helps a bit.