From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Deidre Muccio
Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2014 10:05 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: hallelujah- I'm getting there

I had a cup of coffee late in the day yesterday and was up until 2 AM playing
with the iPhone. I found the Music app and saw the free stuff you could listen
to, or buy, courtesy I Tunes. The categories and playing screen was pretty easy
to navigate - I hope they change that up sometimes. Maybe if I hit the like
button on things I really like, it will influence what it will show me? I went
to Safari and was overwhelmed. I Hit on item chooser but had forgotten how to
go through the alphabetized list I had read about. When I saw the search field
in Music as well as Safari, I tried typing, and voila, I could do it. Only
thing is I could not find the equivalent of a back space button for deleting
misspelled characters. I guess I'll go into settings and check auto correct
which normally I don't like. I was pretty sure there was also a dictate button
or a way to use Siri to tell it what you wanted to search for, but I didn't get
that going. It's back to Dresner for a second or third read. Today might be a
very welcome breakthrough day.

                Yesterday I looked at reviews on Amazon for the blue tooth
headset some recommended here. It was the $100 (down to $79) most recent model
by Plantronics. There were some definite drawbacks. One drawback of on-line
shopping is that you don't know exactly what you've got until it is in hand.
Unfortunately, there are no computer stores within walking distance of where I
live.