Hello Todd,

After 2 days of playing phone tag with Zack, we were able to have an
interesting discussion last night.  It seems as if this is in fact a new bug in
iOS 8!!!    I would encourage you to let them know if you haven't already.  If
you have you & I are a part of a small number of people who have reported this
bug.

I'm really impressed with the length Zack went to to replicate this bug!   I
told him I thought it was a connection between Zoom & VoiceOver which only
started after iOS 8.  As the two worked well and as expected in iOS 7.  I'd
never updated my old iPad and don't use my iPhone 6 Plus in landscape mode so
hadn't tried it until I noticed that the same thing happened on both devices.

With this information Zack tried turning on zoom & Voiceover at home on his
personal iPad that was running iOS 7 and it worked as it used to.  He then did
the same thing on his wife's iPad running a later version of 7 and it worked as
it should.

He went back to work & tried it on a number of devices running iOS 8 and there
was the dreaded problem!!!   With Zoom and VoiceOver the bug was there!  He
then went to talk to some engineers who did the same thing on a number of
devices and they all saw it!

As I said I encourage you to report this bug!   He said a small number of
people have reported it but because he cared enough about it and brought it to
keep people's attention they are escalating the priority of this issue!!!   He
also has said he'll be in touch with me in the future and he likes building
relationships with people.   So he encouraged me to keep his information and
report other issues to him.  He also told me I was excellent at isolating the
issue.  As I said only a tiny number of people reported this, 37!!!!!   So
normally this bug would be last on the list but it's being given priority since
it worked so well before.

Unfortunately for now those of us who use zoom & voiceover have to use them one
at a time!

Katey.

Sent from my iPad