On Wed, 11 Jan 2023 19:08:53 +0800
Xuan Zhuo <xuanz...@linux.alibaba.com> wrote:

> > > +        Large shared memories are divided into multiple chunks, and one
> > > time
> >
> > "Memories" sounds wrong here. I guess what you used to call "regions"
> > you now call "chunks". But I may be wrong.
>
> A ism region consists of multiple chunks. The size of each chunk is fixed.
> The size of ism region is not fixed.

Hm. I'm still a little confused. Does this mean you have something like

virtio shared memory region (with shmid) >= ism shared memory region >=
ism shared memory chunk

Than is multiple ism shared memory regions may live within a single
virtio shared memory region, and multiple ism shared memory chunks may
compose an ism shared memory region?

Regards,
Halil