Above bisection is a implementation specific example of Linux (though valid and
widely used one).

The UEFI virtio driver doesn't even have such two drivers.
In some OS variant drivers are merged to single kernel binary.
Does driver only matter with device_driver structure or module binary?...

Driver is largely the software entity that drives the device.
I think we can keep the spec simple enough to not mix these details and just
call it a "driver".

> BTW somewhat related, I would maybe fix
> device-types/mem/description.tex:change
> not to say "device driver", just "driver" for brevity.

Ok. will fix.