I’m not sure, if I am missing something here, but I am observing the
following issue:

In a directory, owned by another user and a common group with SETGID bit set, I
am not able to create a file or directory. Expected behaviour is, that a new
file or directory is created that is owned by my user and inherits group
ownership of the parent directory. Explicitly setting the group with `sg
ourgroup "touch file"` does work, but this seems to be a slightly complicated
workaround to me.

Also – but this is probably another issue – even with `--xattr` activated,
default permissions set in ACLs are not overriding umasks. So, if a user has
`umask 0022` set and the directory has `default:group::rwx` default
permissions, a file created in the directory like described above doesn’t
have group write permissions.
---
https://gitlab.com/virtio-fs/virtiofsd/-/issues/30