On Thursday 08 May 2008 23:20:38 Christian Borntraeger wrote:
> Changing stop_machine to yield the cpu to the hypervisor when yielding
> inside the guest fixed the problem for me. While I am not completely happy
> with this patch, I think it causes no harm and it really improves the
> situation for me.

Yes, this change is harmless.  I'm reworking (ie. rewriting) stop_machine at
the moment to simplify it, and as a side effect it won't be yielding.  (The
yield is almost useless, since there's nothing at same priority as this
thread anyway).

I've included this patch for my next push to Linus.

Thanks,
Rusty.