Hi Rusty,

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 11:29 AM, Rusty Russell <ru...@rustcorp.com.au>wrote:

> Getting use of virtio rings correct is tricky, and a recent patch saw
> an implementation of in-kernel rings (as separate from userspace).
>
> This patch attempts to abstract the business of dealing with the
> virtio ring layout from the access (userspace or direct); to do this,
> we use function pointers, which gcc inlines correctly.

I have been using your patches for a while in my test setup without any
issues with vringh. The only thing I'm missing is export of symbols.
My current caif_virtio driver expects vringh to be a module exporting
symbols. Is this something you are planning to add?

I guess my vringh related stuff should go into your tree together with your
vringh patches...
Would you be willing to take this via your tree, provided that I get acks
from the right people?

Regards,
Sjur