On 4/3/2023 1:28 PM, Jason Wang wrote:
On Fri, Mar 31, 2023 at 8:49 PM Zhu Lingshan <lingshan....@intel.com> wrote:
Formerly, ifcvf driver has implemented a lazy-initialization mechanism
for the virtqueues and other config space contents,
it would store all configurations that passed down from the userspace,
then load them to the device config space upon DRIVER_OK.

This can not serve live migration, so this series implement an
immediate initialization mechanism, which means rather than the
former store-load process, the virtio operations like vq ops
would take immediate actions by access the virtio registers.
Is there any chance that ifcvf can use virtio_pci_modern_dev library?

Then we don't need to duplicate the codes.

Note that pds_vdpa will be the second user for virtio_pci_modern_dev
library (and the first vDPA parent to use that library).
Yes I agree this library can help a lot for a standard virtio pci device.
But this change would be huge, its like require to change every line of
the driver. For example current driver functions work on the adapter and
ifcvf_hw, if we wants to reuse the lib, we need the driver work on struct virtio_pci_modern_device.
Almost need to re-write the driver.

Can we plan this huge change in following series?

Thanks,
Zhu Lingshan

Thanks

This series also implement irq synchronization in the reset
routine

Zhu Lingshan (5):
   virt queue ops take immediate actions
   get_driver_features from virito registers
   retire ifcvf_start_datapath and ifcvf_add_status
   synchronize irqs in the reset routine
   a vendor driver should not set _CONFIG_S_FAILED

  drivers/vdpa/ifcvf/ifcvf_base.c | 162 +++++++++++++++++++-------------
  drivers/vdpa/ifcvf/ifcvf_base.h |  16 ++--
  drivers/vdpa/ifcvf/ifcvf_main.c |  97 ++++---------------

2.39.1