Emiliano Heyns wrote:
On 3/15/07, *Kingsley Idehen* <kide...@openlinksw.com <mailto:kide...@openlinksw.com>> wrote:

    ODS is a Distributed Collaborative Applications (DCA) suite. It
    provides
    platforms (app. instances) for:
    1. Weblogs
    2. Wikis
    3. Shared Bookmarks
    4. WebDAV based File Server (Briefcase)
    5. Shared Feeds Subscriptions

    Live instances exist at: http://myopenlink.net:8890/ods or
    http://demo.openlinksw.com/ods

OK, so ODS is a packaging facility.
A platform :-)

I'm still not entirely clear on the non-commercial use clause that I assume is going to be added to the license for VOS. For example, if I were to build the next Craigslist and offer it's use for free, where would that fall?
It should be no different to using MySQL in this regard.
I'd not be using it commercially, but the visitors might be. And what if I decide it's getting too expensive for me to run out of pocket, would users be allowed to contribute to the hosting cost? In such a context, what exactly does "commercial use" mean?

This might be an interesting case to put before the FSF. AT the very least it'll help to clearly draft the licensing language.
This isn't a problem.

Kingsley

Emile