Hi Steve,

The following URLs provide details on Virtuoso performance tuning and diagnostics and should provide answers to your questions and some:

        http://docs.openlinksw.com/virtuoso/perfdiag.html
        http://docs.openlinksw.com/virtuoso/ptune.html
        http://docs.openlinksw.com/virtuoso/rdfperformancetuning.html

With regards to compiling on Linux (Debian ???) and copying binaries to OpenSolaris or Linux VPS, I have not specifically tried this with Virtuoso but from experience in the past I would not expect Linux binaries to run on a Solaris x86 system mainly due to incompatibilities in system libraries. If OpenSolaris is branded as being compatible with Linux (Debian etc.) type systems then it should work in theory, but the proof is in the "eating", ditto for Linux VPS ...

Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Support: http://support.openlinksw.com
Forums: http://boards.openlinksw.com/support