Thanks Ivan,

Just saw this, sorry for the delay.

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 6:58 PM, Ivan Mikhailov
<imikhai...@openlinksw.com> wrote:
> Aldo,
>
>>> 2. What datasets would you preload?
>
> I might recommend CIA factbook for real data plus something small and
> synthetic like BSBM for RDF Views. A small TPC-D dataset might work as
> well.

OK. Sounds reasonable.
Good tips.

Now. How would you go about uploading a large RDF dump to the EC2 AMI?
Using WebDAV to rdf_sink or similar is one option ( although there is
one practical issue, detailed later on ).

Another faster option would be to create an EBS containing all the
relevant RDF dumps, mount it and then work on a local level.

Q: how can you insert many RDF files from the local filesystem into a
running Virtuoso instance in a hassle free manner?

About the WebDAV to rdf_sink issue.
* Some WebDAV clients do not send the correct mime types when PUTting.
I know this is not Virtuoso's fault, but it would be nice to have it
try and guess the content of files in the rdf_sink folder ( as they
are, presumably, metadata containers by intention of use ).
** In fact, in the case of the CIA WFB, all files are RDF-XML on the
inside but have XML extension.
* It would also be nice to be able to upload compressed archives to
this folder and have them analyzed transparently. Now, this is a more
advanced request but I believe it might be a common use case.

Thanks,

--
Aldo Bucchi
U N I V R Z

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
This message is only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If
you are not the intended recipient, please do not distribute or copy this
communication, by e-mail or otherwise. Instead, please notify us immediately by
return e-mail.
INFORMACIÓN PRIVILEGIADA Y CONFIDENCIAL
Este mensaje está destinado sólo a la persona u organización al cual está
dirigido y podría contener información privilegiada y confidencial. Si usted no
es el destinatario, por favor no distribuya ni copie esta comunicación, por
email o por otra vía. Por el contrario, por favor notifíquenos inmediatamente
vía e-mail.