Hi David,

Can you please provide the following;

1. The Virtuoso of the Virtuoso server in use , type "virtuoso-t -?" to get the version details.

2.  The JDBC Driver version, type "java virtuoso.jdbc3.Driver".

3.  The exact error being returned, or is it just "-8" .

4. A copy of your Virtuoso Server log "virtuoso.log" so we can see if any errors are occurring in it.

5. Turn on tracing in the Virtuoso server as detailing in the following documentation such that we can see what SQL is being sent to the server:

        http://docs.openlinksw.com/virtuoso/fn_trace_on.html#(NULL)

The tracing will be writtent to the "virtuoso.log" file requested in step 4.

Note we do provide a JDBCDemo sample program shipped with the open source version which you can also run to determine if the same query can be executed with the JDBC driver without Coldfusion in the mix:

$ find . -name JDBCDemo.class -print
./binsrc/samples/JDBC/jdk1.1/JDBCDemo/JDBCDemo.class
./binsrc/samples/JDBC/jdk1.2/JDBCDemo/JDBCDemo.class
./binsrc/samples/JDBC/jdk1.3/JDBCDemo/JDBCDemo.class
./binsrc/samples/JDBC/jdk1.4/JDBCDemo/JDBCDemo.class
./binsrc/samples/JDBC/jdk1.5/JDBCDemo/JDBCDemo.class

Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Support: http://support.openlinksw.com
Forums: http://boards.openlinksw.com/support