On Monday 05 January 2009 23:45:10 Peter Ansell wrote:
> Although it returns no results right now, the queries won't always be
> identical because the CONSTRUCT requires at least two triples in the ?g
> graph before it will return results and the DESCRIBE requires only one
> triple (the ms:coverArt one), so in some circumstances they are
> semantically different.

That is true. So, in the most general case, you are right, one should not
expect the same result. But with the present data, where both these triples
are present, I would expect the same result.

> For what it is worth I have never seen the need to put in an empty "FROM"
> so I am not sure why you have to do it as sparql will deal with all triples
> outside of GRAPH{} blocks as if they match against the default graph in the
> absence of any FROM's, although you can fake the change in default graph
> with Virtuoso instructions like default-graph-uri.

Right, I tried to insert the SH_GRAPH_URI in DB.DBA.SYS_SPARQL_HOST to set it,
but it apparently had no effect... I don't know why and should investigate
more. I might have gotten the host wrong, I suppose. So, that's why, but it
shouldn't be relevant to the problem.

Kind regards

Kjetil Kjernsmo
--
Senior Knowledge Engineer
Mobile: +47 986 48 234

|  SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE  |

Computas AS  PO Box 482, N-1327 Lysaker | Phone:+47 6783 1000 | Fax:+47 6783
1001