Kjetil,

Ups, That's my fault, I've replied in the chat but did not notice you're
offline at that time.

IF
there's no FROM and no default-graph-uri parameter in web service
endpoint request
AND
there's no FROM NAMED and no named-graph-uri parameter
THEN
there's no restriction and all graphs are used.

IF
there's no FROM and no default-graph-uri parameter in web service
endpoint request
AND
there are FROM NAMED or named-graph-uri parameter
THEN
triples outside GRAPH ... {...} graph goup patterns never bind any
variables, as it is required by
http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-sparql-query/#specifyingDataset
"If there is no FROM clause, but there is one or more FROM NAMED
clauses, then the dataset includes an empty graph for the default
graph."

Best Regards,

Ivan Mikhailov
OpenLink Software