On Friday 20 February 2009 17:55:16 Ivan Mikhailov wrote:
> Kjetil,
>
> LIMIT is for WHERE, if CONSTRUCT may create up to two triples per row
> then the resulting graph is no bigger than 2*4 = 8 triples. (I'm writing
> "up to two triples per row", not "two triples per row" because in common
> case there may be unbound variables and/or repeating triples).

Errr, of course! What a silly example I made! :-) Actually, I've been testing
with LIMIT 18, where I get 34 triples back. And then I tried to trim it down
to make the point clearer. I have a concept of "records" here, given that I
know each title and type to be unique and exist, I expect 9 such records, so
I was aware of the 2*records thing.

But then I got it wrong instead.

Anyway, it'd be nice of you could try the same query with LIMIT 18, that's
when weirdness happens...

> In addition, you may wish to abbreviate the query as follows:

>       FILTER (?type in (
>           <http://musicbrainz.org/mm/mm-2.1#Track> ,

Oh, cool! But I can't remember seeing that in the SPARQL spec, is that a
Virtuoso extension?

Kind regards

Kjetil Kjernsmo
--
Senior Knowledge Engineer
Mobile: +47 986 48 234

|  SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE  |

Computas AS  PO Box 482, N-1327 Lysaker | Phone:+47 6783 1000 | Fax:+47 6783
1001