Luke,

On 22 Jun 2009, at 23:09, Luke McCarthy wrote:

Hi there,

I have two web-based applications using the same Virtuoso triple
store, accessed through the SPARQL endpoint.  One of these
applications needs to be able to modify data in the triple store and
one does not.

When I last visited this issue, the suggestion I received was as
follows:
1. Partition you data across name graphs and then make a SPARQL
endpoint that is bound to each graph
2. Set SPARQL_UPDATE privileges for the accounts associated with the
endpoint

Conveniently, the data is already partitioned across named graphs, so
this seems like it should work, except that I cannot figure out how to
actually do it.  I also can't find anything in the documentation,
online tutorials, or the conductor web interface.  So I'm completely
stumped.

 From the above suggestion, I think that exactly what I want to do is:
1. create a new SPARQL endpoint and associate it with a specific named
graph and a specific user
2. add the SPARQL_UPDATE role to the account associated with that
endpoint.

I can manage #2, but I haven't been able to figure out how to
accomplish #1.  Can anyone help me out, or point to relevant
documentation?  Thanks very much,

[Hugh] What you can do is to setup a secure sparql endpoint for the SPARUL queries as detailed at http://docs.openlinksw.com/virtuoso/ rdfsparql.html#rdfsparqlprotocolendpoint Section 17.2.3.4. Service Endpoint Security.

Luke

---------------------------------------------------------------------- -------- Are you an open source citizen? Join us for the Open Source Bridge conference! Portland, OR, June 17-19. Two days of sessions, one day of unconference: $250.
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;215844324;13503038;v?http:// opensourcebridge.org