Hi,
here some feedback:
I finally succeeded. Besides the --enable-php5 option, ./configure also needs
--with-iodbc=/path/to/iODBC otherwise compilation will fail

Then it is also necessary to copy the libphp5.so, which is mentioned in the ini (Load7 = attach, libphp5.so), to the hosting directory. the file can be found somewhere in the compiled php folder. hosting_php.so is in place after make install.

I hope my findings will make it into the docu at:
http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/VOSBldPHP

Thanks for your help,
now I will try to create the ontowiki vad.
Sebastian

Tim Haynes schrieb:
Sebastian Hellmann wrote:
ok, still no luck with 5.0.11

here is some output:
cat config.log | grep php
$ ./configure --prefix=/opt/virtuoso-opensource-5.0.11 --with-readline=/usr/lib/libreadline.so --with-php5=/opt/lib/php5
config.status:912: creating binsrc/hosting/php/Makefile
php4_CFLAGS=''
php4_LDFLAGS=''
php5_CFLAGS=''
php5_LDFLAGS=''

cat config.log | grep PHP
HAVE_PHP4_FALSE=''
HAVE_PHP4_TRUE='#'
HAVE_PHP5_FALSE=''
HAVE_PHP5_TRUE='#'

The log can be found here:
http://db0.aksw.org/downloads/config.log
Still no hosting_php.so in sight anywhere.
Maybe the plugin path in the ini is wrong?
[]

I've just been reminded: it should be --enable-php5=/opt/lib/php5, rather than --with; this would explain why configure effectively ignores your directive in the log. Could you try this?

Cheers,

~Tim