Hi Lars,

What are the remote database(s) you are seeking to virtualize data into
Virtuoso from ?

The docs page you found below details  whats happening at the lower level, but
the materialization of the views can also be performed using the Virtuoso
conductor with the following steps :

        • Link remote database tables into Virtuoso, which is a requirement for
the creation of incremental snapshot replicated local tables.
(http://docs.openlinksw.com/virtuoso/qsvdbsrv.html#lnktabvirt)

        • Create incremental snapshot replicated local copies of the required
database tables in Virtuoso (Remote to Local).
(http://docs.openlinksw.com/virtuoso/htmlconductorbar.html#replicationandsynchronization)

        • Create RDFViews for the incrementally replicated table objects using
the Conductor RDF -> RDFView tab, by selecting the "Generate via Wizard button"
to create a custom set of RDFViews, and selecting the "Generate RDB2RDF
triggers" and "Enable Data Syncs with Physical Quad Store" radio button
options.
(http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/VirtRdb2RDFViewsGeneration)

Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Support: http://support.openlinksw.com