Cool!

Ivan Mikhailov, 17-01-2011 13:41:
Hello Alex,

Right now Virtuoso supports "traditional" SQL collations for single-char
and wide varchars, but not for UTF-8. SPARQL does not offer any
collation handling ATM. I intend to make (better sooner than later)
three things:
1) implement a proxy BIF function that will make a call of specified
XPATH/XQuery function from SQL
2) implement a special support for this function in SPARQL-to-SQL
preprocessor so one can freely use XPATH functions in SPARQL.
3) let XQuery collation-based functions get RDF literals as arguments.

Best Regards,

Ivan Mikhailov
OpenLink Software
http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com