Hi Alex,

I presume you are using the Virtuoso distribution shipped wit ubuntu in which
case the Virtuoso normal “isql" program is called “isql-vt” in these
distributions so as to not conflict with the “isql” program that was already
being shipped with Ubtuntu before Virtuoso, see:

        http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/natty/man1/ISQL-VT.1.html

Have you started the actual Virtuoso database as I do not see a “virtuoso.log”
file in your ~/var/lib/virtuoso/db directory to indicate it has been started ?

The Virtuoso binary (virtuoso-t) needed to start it would typically reside in
~/bin so please check it is there and start the database from your
~/var/lib/virtuoso/db directory try running the command:

        ../../../../bin/virtuoso-t -f

and provide the output of running this command ...

Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Support: http://support.openlinksw.com
Forums: http://boards.openlinksw.com/support
Twitter: http://twitter.com/OpenLink