Hi Houda,

Virtuoso does now implement the SPARQL 1.1 GROUP_CONCAT and SAMPLE aggregate
functions.

Note however their is a slight deviation from SPARQL 1.1 in that as the
specification is not fully ratified stable, SAMPLE and GROUP_CONCAT are not
added as keywords directly and need to be prefixed with “sql:” until the
specification is complete. So for the DBpedia query given on
answers.semanticweb, the following now works:

PREFIX w3geo: <http://www.w3.org/2003/01/geo/wgs84_pos#>

SELECT ?name (sql:SAMPLE(?lat) as ?latlat) ?long ?city ?imageBlankEmblem WHERE {
?city dbpprop:imageBlankEmblem ?imageBlankEmblem .
?city rdfs:label ?name .
?city w3geo:lat ?lat .
?city w3geo:long ?long .
FILTER ( ( LANG(?name) = 'en' ) && ( datatype(?lat) =  datatype(?long) ) && (
datatype(?long) = xsd:float ) )
}

As you are using the Virtuoso open source version you would need a later
snapshot to the current 6.1.3 available on source forge, as this support was
added recently. A snapshot build containing this support can be obtained from:

ftp://download.openlinksw.com/support/vos/virtuoso-opensource-6-20110614.tar.gz

which you can rebuild and test  with ...

Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Support: http://support.openlinksw.com
Forums: http://boards.openlinksw.com/support
Twitter: http://twitter.com/OpenLink