Hi Pierre,

The NumberOfBuffers parameter in the virtuoso.ini file is too low for a machine
with 16GB memory and loading large datasets like uniprot, please refer to the
following performance tuning guide document for recommended settings for best
performance  with various typical memory sizes:

http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/VirtRDFPerformanceTuning

Which for 16GB machine are:

        NumberOfBuffers = 1360000
        MaxDirtyBuffers = 1000000

You can also run multiple rdf_loader_run() client one per core for parallel
then re-enabled with a script of the following  form for a 4 core machine:

$more  rdf_load.sh
isql 1111 dba dba exec="checkpoint_interval(-1);" &
isql 1111 dba dba exec="rdf_loader_run();" &
isql 1111 dba dba exec="rdf_loader_run();" &
isql 1111 dba dba exec="rdf_loader_run();" &
isql 1111 dba dba exec="rdf_loader_run();" &
wait
isql 1111 dba dba exec="checkpoint;” &
isql 1111 dba dba exec="checkpoint_interval(120);" &

Let me know if this works for you ...

Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Support: http://support.openlinksw.com
Forums: http://boards.openlinksw.com/support