Hi Lorena,

Virtuoso supports SPARQL in SQL (SPASQL) and detailed at:

        http://docs.openlinksw.com/virtuoso/rdfsparql.html#rdfsparqlinline

and thus does you can query the Virtuoso SPARQL engine via ODBC or any other
SQL Data Access API ie JDBC, ADO.Net etc

The Virtuoso RedLand  RDF Provider you were attempting to use initially also
uses ODBC to connect ...

OpenLink Software, Inc.      //              http://www.openlinksw.com/
10 Burlington Mall Road, Suite 265, Burlington MA 01803
Weblog   -- http://www.openlinksw.com/blogs/
LinkedIn -- http://www.linkedin.com/company/openlink-software/
Twitter  -- http://twitter.com/OpenLink
Google+  -- http://plus.google.com/100570109519069333827/
Facebook -- http://www.facebook.com/OpenLinkSoftware
Universal Data Access, Integration, and Management Technology Providers