Hello Kai,

On 11-Mar-13 3:32 PM, Shinichi Kai wrote:
Hello Rumi,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

for ex. if "enabled", user will be able to perform LDAP Authentication etc.
How do I perform LDAP Authentication during login to Virtuoso (e.g.
isql or sparql-auth endpoint, etc.)?
I enabled LDAP Authentication on an already imported user and tried to
login to isql with the imported user, but I got "CL034: Bad login"
error. If I disable LDAP Authentication on the imported user, I
successfully login to isql with the imported user.

I believe that I am able to perform LDAP Authentication by utilizing
procedures and ldap_search() function described here
(http://docs.openlinksw.com/virtuoso/databaseadmsrv.html#usermodel).
What does Virtuoso actually do when LDAP Authentication is set to
"enabled" in the Conductor's Editing Account? And, what if LDAP
Authentication is set to "account check"?

-- if set to "enabled", then on an attempt to log in into Virtuoso, the system tries to log in into the LDAP server with the given username and password. If this succeeds, then the user logs in successfully in Virtuoso.

-- if set to "account check", then on an attempt to log in into Virtuoso, the system performs a check if there is such an user on the LDAP server. If yes, then the user logs in successfully in Virtuoso.

Best Regards,
Rumi

I searched the documentation for this feature but I couldn't find it.
Do I have a misunderstanding about Virtuoso's LDAP Authentication
feature?

Regards,
Shinichi