Thank you for your reply.

I am working towards an extension of sparql which would make possible
to make "nice looking" OLAP queries over RDF data. When I first
noticed property functions, they seem to be a nice way to do it.
Unfortunately Jena TDB seem to be performing quite poorly in
comparison to e.g. Virtuoso, which lead me to look at a combination of
Jena and Virtuoso.

The OLAP extension does not have to be through property functions, it
may be more viable to do through regular functions (in a FILTER
clause). Is it possible to define such in Virtuoso? If so, I may
simply discard Jena and use only Virtuoso.

I should probably notice that this is work for my master thesis at
Aalborg University.