Hi Erich,

Virtuoso open source and commercial does now have support for polygon geometry
types and others as detailed on the 7.1 release notes at:

http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/doc/dav/wiki/Main/VOSNews#2014-02-17%20--%20Virtuoso%20Open-Source%20Edition%207.1.0%20Released

Live examples can also be found at:

http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/tutorials/sparql/SPARQL_Tutorials_Part_11/SPARQL_Tutorials_Part_11.html#(1)

http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/tutorials/sparql/SPARQL_Tutorials_Part_10/SPARQL_Tutorials_Part_10.html#(30)

We are currently working on updates to the online docs to details the new types
supported ...

OpenLink Software, Inc.      //              http://www.openlinksw.com/
Weblog   -- http://www.openlinksw.com/blogs/
LinkedIn -- http://www.linkedin.com/company/openlink-software/
Twitter  -- http://twitter.com/OpenLink
Google+  -- http://plus.google.com/100570109519069333827/
Facebook -- http://www.facebook.com/OpenLinkSoftware
Universal Data Access, Integration, and Management Technology Providers