Hi Jenny,

What Virtuoso documentation page are you referring to ?

If curl can perform the insert which I presume you are performing as indicated
at:

http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/doc/dav/wiki/Main/VirtuosoRDFSinkFolder

$ more single.ttl
<http:/www.ebremer.com/foaf.rdf> a <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/Person> .
$ curl -T ./single.ttl http://localhost:8890/DAV/home/dba/rdf_sink/single.ttl
-u dba:dba
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN"><HTML><HEAD><TITLE>201
Created</TITLE></HEAD><BODY><H1>Created</H1>Resource
/DAV/home/dba/rdf_sink/single.ttl has been
created.</BODY></HTML>Hughs-MacBook-Pro-618:~ hwilliams$
$ Downloads/isql 1111
Connected to OpenLink Virtuoso
Driver: 07.10.3211 OpenLink Virtuoso ODBC Driver
OpenLink Interactive SQL (Virtuoso), version 0.9849b.
Type HELP; for help and EXIT; to exit.
SQL> sparql select * from <urn:dav:home:dba:rdf_sink> where {?s ?p ?o};
VARCHAR
  VARCHAR
    VARCHAR

http:/www.ebremer.com/foaf.rdf
  http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#type
    http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/Person

1 Rows. -- 2 msec.
SQL>

Then you should be able to use a http put  command to do the same thing, thus
how exactly are you trying to this with the apache httpclient ?

OpenLink Software, Inc.      //              http://www.openlinksw.com/
Weblog   -- http://www.openlinksw.com/blogs/
LinkedIn -- http://www.linkedin.com/company/openlink-software/
Twitter  -- http://twitter.com/OpenLink
Google+  -- http://plus.google.com/100570109519069333827/
Facebook -- http://www.facebook.com/OpenLinkSoftware
Universal Data Access, Integration, and Management Technology Providers