Dear Hugh,

many thanks for your reply!
Sorry, I forgot to mentioned that I increased up to 24 core and 228 GB memory.

I'm still on trying to optimize the performance and to avoid transaction
deadlocks... but unfortunately without any success so far...

I've already tried to create some additional indexes, like PSOG, but the
evaluation of some filter parts take in some cases really long (more than 40
minutes)...

For me it is also very strange why the evaluation of query

define input:default-graph-uri <http://clashsniffer.hs-albsig.de/benchset>
PREFIX xsd:  <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#>
PREFIX owl:     <http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#>
PREFIX quest:   <http://obda.org/quest#>
PREFIX rdf:     <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#>
PREFIX rdfs:    <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#>

SELECT ?x ?b
WHERE {
      ?x <http://purl.org/ontology/bibo/volume> ?b .
      FILTER ( ?x >= <http://eprints.wmin.ac.uk/id/eprint/1620> ) .
      FILTER ( ?x < <http://pub.epsilon.slu.se/id/eprint/11557> ) .
}

at instance running at port 8895 will take only some ms, but executing query

   SERVICE <http://141.87.4.8:8895/sparql> {
      ?x <http://purl.org/ontology/bibo/volume> ?b .
      FILTER ( ?x >= <http://eprints.wmin.ac.uk/id/eprint/1620> ) .
      FILTER ( ?x < <http://pub.epsilon.slu.se/id/eprint/11557> ) .
   } .
}

at another instance is running possibly indefinitely... (stopped the evaluation
after 45 minutes).

Best
Andy