Hi Pantelis,

I have seen data loads progressively get slower to the point of hanging , when
the number of triples decrease ( roughly half in your case below) ???

How much memory is available on your system and what does the “status();”
command show at the point when the triples load rate get slow or start
“decreasing” ?

Have you performance tuned you database in particular assuming you are running
on Linux setup the swappiness to minimise swapping which tends to kill load
rates as detailed at:

http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/doc/dav/wiki/Main/VirtRDFPerformanceTuning

You can also use the Virtuoso LDMeter script to monitor the data load rates and
log to table as detailed at:

http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/doc/dav/wiki/Main/VirtTipsAndTricksGuideLDMeterUtility

As you indicated having compiled from source I would recommend updating to the
latest git stable/7 3216 branch as there are many fixes since 3214 from almost
a year ago …

OpenLink Software, Inc.      //              http://www.openlinksw.com/
Weblog   -- http://www.openlinksw.com/blogs/
LinkedIn -- http://www.linkedin.com/company/openlink-software/
Twitter  -- http://twitter.com/OpenLink
Google+  -- http://plus.google.com/100570109519069333827/
Facebook -- http://www.facebook.com/OpenLinkSoftware
Universal Data Access, Integration, and Management Technology Providers