So, I have virtuoso, and I spend some time loading lots of ntriples files into
it with TTLP, and then I wait for 2 minutes for checkpoint to complete, with
CheckpointInterval = 60.   Then, I restart it with +wait.    It still has lots
of I/O to do, doing a roll forward.

The Database Administration section,
http://docs.openlinksw.com/virtuoso/dbadm/, does not define the units for
checkpoint interval - can I assume that I would have needed to wait 60 minutes
to assure that a checkpoint had been taken and no roll-forward would be
necessary?

If not, can someone please explain what I can do to assure that I/O needed is
done in a timely fashion.   I used to have the following in my load code, but I
took it out to avoid a crash that may or may not have been related:

Checkpoint_interval(-1);
CHECKPOINT;
Checkpoint_interval(60);

Thanks,

Dan Davis, Systems/Applications Architect (Contractor),
Office of Computer and Communications Systems,
National Library of Medicine, NIH