Hi Hugh,
[ Just wondering if someone ever test the option you proposed]

What would be the use case here? Let's suppose I have then 2 dbs starting
with the HHTP same ports.
Would that mean I can query them once?
Please could you provide us with more advantages of this approach?

TIA
Best,
Ghislain

El jue., 26 ene. 2017 a las 18:37, Hugh Williams (<hwilli...@openlinksw.com>)
escribió:

> Hi Pasquale,
>
> What is the purpose of running two Virtuoso instances, is this for setup
> access for SPARQL or SQL storage ?
>
> The easiest way to start multiple Virtuoso database instances on the same
> machine is to create two separate databases with a “virtuoso.ini” file on
> each set to use unique SQL & HTTP ports and then start each in the separate
> directories with a lock file for each …
>
> Best Regards
> Hugh Williams
> Professional Services
> OpenLink Software, Inc.      //              http://www.openlinksw.com/
> Weblog   -- http://www.openlinksw.com/blogs/
> LinkedIn -- http://www.linkedin.com/company/openlink-software/
> Twitter  -- http://twitter.com/OpenLink
> Google+  -- http://plus.google.com/100570109519069333827/
> Facebook -- http://www.facebook.com/OpenLinkSoftware
> Universal Data Access, Integration, and Management Technology Providers
>

> > On 26 Jan 2017, at 14:28, Pasquale Di Donato <
> pasquale.didon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all
> >
> > I wanted to run 2 Virtuoso Open Source instances on one virtuoso.db, but
> it seems not possible since when the first instances is run then a lock
> file is created for the DB.
> >
> > Any hint here or is this not possible with the Open Source Edition?
> >
> > Pasquale

-------
"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none" (W. Shakespeare)
Web: http://atemezing.org