John,

While I think the "one minute to disconnection" warning the Meetecho team just
suggested is a great addition...

On Apr 10, 2016, at 2:04 PM, John C Klensin
<john-i...@jck.com<mailto:john-i...@jck.com>> wrote:

I'd simply run a session with a separate Jabber
client, but that introduces some extra synchronization problems.

... I've alway run a separate Jabber client connected into each working group
chat when remote.

I've done this for a couple of reasons:

1. In the past, I had occasions when the Meetecho client would freeze or
otherwise require me to disconnect and restart the session;

2. I've had issues where my browser crashed because of some other site... but
in doing so it took down the Meetecho session; and

3. I've had a number of cases where I wanted to go back and get something out
of a chat and I knew from experience that when Meetecho ended you had to get
the chat from the chat logs... which was another place to go.

Typically, I've often been monitoring several sessions simultaneously through
Jabber chat rooms, and so I'm already running a separate Jabber client.  My
usual process has been to have one Meetecho session up with the main group I'm
interested in, and then separate Jabber chat windows for the other sessions.
So it's no big deal for me to also have a Jabber chat room for the working
group that I'm also in via Meetecho.

It does mean I'm in that room twice via two different clients, but that is what
has worked for me.

Dan

--
Dan York
Senior Content Strategist, Internet Society

http://www.internetsociety.org/