Both proposals are valuable and they complement each other perfectly well. It’s
unfortunate we’re using “hub” for both because they’re completely different.

We can call them "Meeting Hubs" and "Community Hubs" (and avoid the term "IETF
hubs” completely because we’ve been using that term for both)

Christian

> On Feb 8, 2017, at 5:22 PM, Alia Atlas <akat...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Nalini,
>
> I've been using the following terminology
>
> On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 3:19 PM, <nalini.elk...@insidethestack.com
> <mailto:nalini.elk...@insidethestack.com>> wrote:
> All,
>
> We have been having some internal discussions and wanted to get clarification
> with the community.    We have different types of "get togethers" which are
> both called "Remote Hubs".
>
> 1.  The place that you go to participate remotely with others at the time of
> an IETF meeting
>
> This is an activity which is serving as a Remote Hub.
>
> 2.  The place that you go to participate face-to-face others in a local
> region.   This is not at the same time as the IETF main meeting.
>
> This is intended as a persistent local group - I have been calling this an
> IETF Community Hub or IETF Hub for short.
>
> A region may have BOTH.
>
> We believe that different terms need to be used for each.    What do others
> think?   Any suggestions?
>
> I do agree that clarity would be useful.  I am (just) starting work on a
> draft about IETF Community Hubs to explain the ideas, motivation, and
> structure between an IETF Community Hub - since I've realized that it would
> be helpful to have some common text and understanding.
>
> Regards,
> Alia
>

> Thanks,
>
> Nalini Elkins
> Inside Products, Inc.
> www.insidethestack.com <http://www.insidethestack.com/>
> (831) 659-8360 <tel:%28831%29%20659-8360>

Christian O'Flaherty  oflahe...@isoc.org <mailto:oflahe...@isoc.org>
Regional Development - Internet Society
Skype/Gmail/Yahoo!:  christian.oflaherty
Mobile/WhatsApp: +598 98769636