At 12:55 PM 12/22/00 +0100, Martin Zinser wrote:
>Hello!
>
>      I just started to play around with VMS::Queue and may be  I'm just
>dense
>                (most probably even since I've got a  bad cold). I try
>something like this:
>
>use VMS::Queue;
>%entry_cond = {jobname=>"BATSER"};
>@entries = VMS::Queue::entry_list(\%entry_cond);
>for ($i==0;$i<=$#entries;$i++) {print $entries[$i], "\n"};
>
>\%entryprop = VMS::Queue::entry_info($entries[0]);
>print \$entryprop{"jobname"},
>foreach $prop (keys(%entryprop)) { printf "%s: %s\n", $prop,
>\$entryprop{$prop};}

The docs are misleading for some of the calls. entry_info returns a hash
reference, which was what I was trying to indicate in the summary, but it
really isn't at all clear. (Plus it's syntactically meaningless...)

Change that to:

    $entryprop = VMS::Queue::entry_info($entries[0]);
    print $entryprop->{JOBNAME};

and I think you'll find it works better.

I'll update the docs and see about getting a new version on CPAN soon.
(And, FWIW, I found out why none of the VMS modules show up on
search.cpan.com--that might get fixed soon)

                                        Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk