I was looking for the origins of fixpath() in MakeMaker and was very
surprised to find it in File::Spec::VMS along with eliminate_macros().  Why
are they there?  They're about make macros, not filepath operations.  Also,
they're the only object method in File::Spec and pretty much intended to be
called with a MakeMaker object.

Unless I hear protests otherwise, I'm going to copy them into
ExtUtils::MM_VMS and deprecate the versions in File::Spec::VMS.  I don't
think they're used outside of MakeMaker, I'm currently scanning CPAN to
check.

--

Michael G. Schwern   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Perl Quality Assurance      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>         Kwalitee Is Job One